WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress. Launched on September 27, 2011, the plugin quickly became popular for its simplicity to install and customize and for the market position of the base product as freeware.
To perform any request on Valor virtual terminal, one should have the following credentials:
- API ID represents the merchant API; A merchant can create an API ID using the Valor portal
- APP KEY represents the EPI of the merchant, technically a merchant can have only one API ID but based on the count of the API KEY, a merchant can have several API KEYS
- Merchant can create their own API KEY using the Valor portal
- Basically EPI is an end point identifier, Identify the device on valor infrastructure, any devices including virtual terminal will be identified as an EPI, typically it's a 10 digit number starts with 2
STEPS TO CREATE APP ID AND APP KEY
STEP 1 - Log Into The Valor Portal
STEP 2 - Click Virtual Terminal in menu
STEP 3 - Click Manage Button
STEP 4 - Select API KEYS Tab
STEP 5 - Here you need to select the EPI to generate API Key.
STEP 6 - Enter these keys to the settings tab of the ValorPay application, choose your settings and click ‘Submit’.
Once you installed Wordpress plugin use this credentials in the payment gateway configuration.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard by going to your website's domain followed by "/wp-admin". For example, "www.yourwebsite.com/wp-admin".
- From the left-hand menu, click on "Plugins" and then click on Add New.
- In the search bar at the top-right corner, type in the name plugin “valor pay”.
- Browse through the search results to find the Valor Pay you want to install. You can click on the More Details button to learn more about the plugin, including its features and compatibility.
- Click on the Install Now button next to the plugin you want to install.
- Wait for the installation process to finish. It usually takes a few seconds.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the Activate button to activate the plugin.
- In the Installed Plugin you can find the Valor Pay plugin.
Once you have downloaded the plugin form Valor Pay Plugin . There are two methods to install a plugin in Wordpress, one using WordPress Admin Plugin Upload and another using FTP client.
- Once you logged into your wordpress admin, Go to Plugins > Add New
- Then click Upload Plugin and Choose File, Upload the plugin zip downloaded from the Wordpress plugin Marketplace.
- Once file uploaded click Install Now and Activate Plugin
- Go to your wordpress root directory /wp-content/plugins
- Upload the unzip Valor Pay plugin folder.
- To activate the plugin go to wordpress admin panel Plugins > Installed Plugins and click Activate.
To configure the Valor Pay plugin use any one of the below options.
- To configure the Valor Pay plugin go to Settings from the plugin link
- Or go to Woocommerce > Settings > “Payments” tab > Valor Pay
Here you need to configure the APP ID, APP KEY and EPI. Refer to the Generating API Keys section to get APP ID, APP KEY and EPI from the valor portal.
Enable only if you want all transactions to fall on surcharge mode, Merchant must have got an Surcharge MID inorder to work.
The AVS configuration should be matched with the portal AVS configuration in your Device Management. Allowed options are None, Zip Only, Address Only and Zip & Address. Based on the payment method configuration Zip and address fields are displayed in the checkout page.
To block Valor Pay payment method after a specific number of failed transactions. We use the Payment Failed Tracker. In the Decline Transaction Count we have a number of failed payment counts and in the Block Payment For we set the time to block the payment method.
You can also manually unblock an IP by deleting the IP from the list. You can find the Blocked IPs list at the end of the Valor Pay settings page or Click the Unblock IP link below the Payment Failed Tracker to scroll down to the payment failed tracker.
Once the ValorPay Enabled and Configured we can view the payment Gateway in the checkout page. To process transactions we need to enter the Card information.
Based on the Surcharge configurations fee is displayed in the frontend checkout page.
Follow below steps to refund an order.
- Login into Wordpress Admin.
- In admin menu select Woocommerce > Orders and select the order which you want to
- Click the refund button in the left below corner of the order items section.
- Enter the Refund Amount or use the Qty to refund a specific amount of item.
- Then Click the Refund via Valor Pay and it will show you a popup to enter the OTP for refund. Note: OTP sent to merchant email and phone number.
- Once the OTP entered and submitted, based on the response Success or Failure message is shown.