The installation process consists of general installation plus copying a JS code to store
- Login to your Shopify store admin.
- Paste the unique installation link into the address bar of your browser (provided to you
- You will see the screen below.
- Click Install app.
- After installation is complete, click on Apps in the left pane, select and open the
- Land on the application dashboard.
- In your store, click Settings -> Checkout
- Scroll down to find ‘Order status page'
- Go to Settings -> Payments -> click Add manual payment method select Create a custom payment method
- Enter the custom payment method name and add the additional details, then click Activate
- The installation process is complete.
Setup the application using your ValorPay keys and start using the application.
To perform any request on Valor virtual terminal, one should have the following credentials:
- APP ID represents the merchant API; A merchant can create an APP ID using the Valor portal
- APP KEY represents the EPI of the merchant, technically a merchant can have only one APP ID but based on the count of the API KEY, a merchant can have several API KEYS
- Merchant can create their own API KEY using the Valor portal
- Basically EPI is an end point identifier, Identify the device on valor infrastructure, any devices including virtual terminal will be identified as an EPI, typically it's a 10 digit number starts with 2
STEP 1 - Log Into The Valor Portal
STEP 2 - Click Virtual Terminal in menu
STEP 3 - Click Manage Button
STEP 4 - Select API KEYS Tab
STEP 5 - Here you need to select the EPI to generate APP Key.
STEP 6 - Enter these keys to the settings tab of the ValorPay application, choose your settings and click ‘Submit’
To configure the application, login to Shopify, move to Admin Home -> Apps -> ValorPay, where you can find various settings to configure the extension.
- Enable ValorPay: Yes or NoValorPay Payment Gateway for your BigCommerce store.
- Title: Enter Title for the ValorPay payment method to be shown in the frontend.
- Use Sandbox: Set No if Production Keys are set or Set Yes if Sandbox Keys are set then Live payments will not be taken.
- APP ID, APP KEY & EPI: Set Production Valor API keys or If Sandbox Yes, then Sandbox API keys.
Read here Generating API KEYS (E-Commerce) | Valor PayTech
- Payment Method: Select one of the payment methods for the payment capture.
- Sale: Authorizes and captures the order amount immediately.
- Auth Only: Authorizes and validates card for the order amount. The admin needs to manually capture the amount (by generating invoice using “Capture Online” option) within the authorization hold period.
- Surcharge Mode: Set Yes if you want all transactions on surcharge mode. Merchant must have a Surcharge MID for it to function.
- Surcharge Label
- Set Surcharge Type - Surcharge % or Flat Rate $
- Surcharge% - Percentage will apply only on enabling surcharge Indicator to true and Surcharge type is set to Surcharge %.
- Flat Rate $ - Flat rate will apply only on if Enable surcharge mode is true and Surcharge type is set to Flat Rate $
- AVS - The address verification service will add a text field to the checkout page based on the selected option.
- Domain: To set the store domain eg: store.myshopify.com.
- This is an example of how a customer will see the ValorPay payment method on your
store after you have enabled it. They will experience a quick and secure checkout with
- The buyer will be redirected to ValorPay’s payment page.
- Upon successful payment your order will be confirmed. The transaction details can be seen here.
- The order will show in the Orders section of Shopify admin.
- View order details: Click on the order to view its details. Note the transaction details in the Notes section towards top right.
Refund process for Shopify Admin an order can be marked for refund following which it will appear on the ‘Refund Order’ page of the ValorPay application. Admin can pay for refund orders using ValorPay payment gateway from the application.
- Open an order, click on ‘Refund’.
- Enter details for the refund and click on ‘Refund’. (highlighted) If full amount is refunded, then the status will be changed to Refunded, if a part of total amount is refunded, the status will be set to ‘Partially Refunded’
- The order has been marked for a refund. This refund order will now be visible on the ‘Refund Order’ page on the ValorPay application. (Note that the amount is not refunded yet. It needs to be refunded from the ValorPay application.)
- Open Valor Pay Application -> Click on Refund Orders Locate the order by Order ID and click ‘Refund’. (highlighted) By default, this list only shows orders that have been marked for refund or refunded in the last seven days. To see orders for any duration, click on ‘Filter’ and select the desired duration.
- Verify the refund details including amount. If you wish to refund any custom fees, it can be done using the Add checkbox on the bottom left.
- Click on ‘Refund Payment’. Enter the OTP registered on your registered mobile phone and email address.
- The Refund payment is successfully completed.
- Locate the confirmation & details of the refund payment at the bottom of the page.
- To view the refund details anytime in future, click on ‘View’ on the ‘Refund Order’ page.
- Another confirmation can be viewed in the Shopify order details, in the Notes section towards top right. A note for the refund transaction appears here. (Note: There is no need to click ‘Mark as paid’ button.)
Click Transactions in the left menu. You should see the most recent order on top.
You can also click on View Receipt again to confirm that the sale is now completed. Use the print icon on top to take a print of the receipt.